Performance Improvement and Instructional Design consultant with eleven (11) years’ experience implementing training initiatives for varied corporate entities; higher education; financial institutions, medical entities and call center environments.
Instructional Design Consultant – ttcInnovations, 06/2012 – present
Instructional Design Consultant – UpSearch, LLC (previous client)
Instructional Design Consultant – BrightSky, Total Diabetes Solutions (previous client)
- Support client needs by developing blueprints that deliver a dynamic, blended learning strategy.
- Conduct analysis, design and develop learning programs incorporating the ADDIE life cycle.
- Influence and drive results via development of engaging Instructor led training programs.
- Develop creative and dynamic storyboard designs for multiple eLearning courses.
Associate Director / Instructional Design – Nova Southeastern University (NSU) 10/2006 to 12/2011
- Turned around NSU call center agent-training from 3 months to 3 weeks.
- Managed training and evaluation processes for the NSU Call Center; developed new hire training; skill enhancement; system upgrade training development including eBill, Banner and Live@edu implementations.
- Following ADDIE, design and implement e-Learning initiatives, classroom and self-paced learning solutions.
- Orchestrate the NSU training for the Banner 7 (Oracle) system conversion across multiple NSU offices.
- Design and implement FERPA e-Learning Certification course.
- Design and facilitated FERPA classroom training for the NSU Lower / Upper School Faulty, and the Oceanographic Center staff and students.
- Pre-screen, recruit, interview and hire new Administration employees and Faculty candidates.
- Provide leadership as Chair of multiple NSU Hiring Search Committees and make hiring recommendations.
Senior Instructional Designer – BankAtlantic University 07/2005 to 10/2006
- Monitored the output of Instructional Designers, ensuring across the board consistency.
- Develop comprehensive, measurable interventions: storyboards, consultative sales program; procedural guides, product roll-outs, system implementations.
- Designed and developed inbound sales training and Quality Assurance training for the Ft. Lauderdale and new Orlando call center sites.
- Developed a Home Equity Line of Credit implemented bank across multiple employee learning plans.
- Total course output: 5 elearning courses, 1 self paced processing guide, 2 operating guides, and an 8 hour instructor-led sales training course.
Instructional Designer - Cendant Time Share Resort Group 03/2004 to 07/2005
- Developed classroom, online, and self-paced courses using blended methodologies for multiple inbound sales audiences. (Orlando, Indiana and Ft. Lauderdale call center sites).
- To minimize or prevent productivity and sales losses, developed a contact center communication strategy for system outages, inventory over-bookings, and disaster recovery situations.
- Implemented first-ever Computer Based Training (CBT) and self-paced training with documented return on investment (ROI).
Instructional Designer – American Express (Plantation, FL) 01/1999 – 01/2004
- Training design audiences included sales driven call center environments in the United States, Canada, India, and outsourced call-center groups (PRC, Technion, Convergys and Aegis).
- Event Planning: Supervised 35 member employees Diversity Team. Chair and facilitate all Diversity team fairs and events at two AMEX campus locations.
- Created call center training to support the launch of the following new credit card projects: The 5% Cash Rebate Card, the Blue, from American Express credit card, and the national launch of the American Express OPEN, Small Business Network group of credit and charge card(s).
- Design call center training to support the re-painting of the American Express Green, Gold, and Platinum card products.
- Nova Southeastern University – Master of Science Human Resource Management (2010)
- Purdue University – Master of Arts w / Teaching Assistantship – West Lafayette, IN (1987)
- Florida Atlantic University Bachelor of Fine Arts – Cum Laude – Boca Raton, FL (1983)
SPECIAL SKILLS / CERTIFICATIONS
- Photographer Website: http://andrea-oconnell.artistwebsites.com/
- Voiceover Artist
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Daryl Sink Instructional Design
- Training Evaluation (Donald Kirkpatrick 4 Levels)
- Information Mapping (Infomap)
Captivate, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Sound Forge, SNAP by Lectora, Camtasia, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, Lotus Notes, Citrix Virtual Meetings, Elluminate, WebCT, Microsoft Office Live, and all Microsoft Office products.
- Advisory Board Member (2011 – present) YMCA of Broward County – Children’s Advocacy Center.
- ISPI South Florida Board of Directors, 2012. Programs
- ISPI South Florida Board of Directors, 2005-2009. Website management and design
- ASTD Greater Ft. Lauderdale Chapter Mentor – 2009, 2010
- ASTD Greater Ft. Lauderdale Chapter member – 2003 – present
- Volunteer Docent – Fort Lauderdale Historical Society (2007)
Email me: email@example.com
LMS Link: http://learningpro.talentlms.com/index